Whenever I look at a large building, one of the first things I notice is; This building is semetrical, or this building isn't semetrical at all. Naturally I've felt more comfertable looking at any type of item, from examples like buildings to a food containers. This might be a personal thing, but it got me thinking. Looking back on old architecture for castles, piramids, colloseums, palaces, and modern builds like sky scapers, and the white house. The shape is usually symetrical. Where they trying to send a message there?
I realize of course that there are stronger reasons than just looks of why you would build a structure with symetry, BUT I now am starting to believe there is something unnaturally grand about it. I walked past a street today and noticed that the tree's were fairly matching on both sides of the side walks giving it a... wholesome(?) look. Then the hypothesis came to my mind: Symetry in our mind, subconciously links with divinity or grandure. I may be wrong, or it might be a personal thing, but it did make sense to me. The ideas of:
'This side equals the other, two halves make a whole', being whole, being fair, matching the example, having a purpose, all seem to me like connecting subconcious feels.
*ABRUPT ENDING* (!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment